Sunday, March 7, 2010

Intro

Hello and welcome to this new blog. After deciding to make the big move from London to Singapore and also from listening to some of my blog addicted friends, I thought it would be a good idea to communicate our activities on this side of the world through a blog. Anyway, it was either a blog or some really long e-mails which would have overloaded your inbox!
Once the idea of the blog was landed the big question was about the language to use. French vs. English. French would be good for family and for a few friends who I haven’t convinced yet of the beauty of Shakespeare language but then I would be left to do translation for our English speaking friends and finally, I was reminded by some thoughtful people that my French was rubbish and that I would be using English words half the time so as a conclusion, English it is and it will be a good way of learning for the ones who are not fluent yet! :-)
Finally, I also have a title: “Based in Sg”, after all the idea of coming to Singapore is not to spend all of our time here but to use it as a base to visit South-East Asia or Asia in general. So in this blog you will find a few articles about Singapore and some more about travels around the region, at least this is the plan while I’m writing this welcome note!

I hope you will like it and let me know if you have some brilliant ideas to make it more interesting!

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment