Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Chocolate story

(running about 2 weeks late on this post)

Singapore is fantastic for food, this is common knowledge.
Singaporeans love eating nearly as much as the French and I admit, I really like the food here but there is something I can not get used to, it's the desserts. They are usually horrible: a mix of rice, red beans and jelly and on a lucky day, durian!
So it's Saturday afternoon and I'm craving for chocolate so with my good friend C, we decide to give a go to Laurent Bernard shop, a chocolatier.
The menu is quite impressive but it actually doesn't even list everything. There is much more on the window!
After hesitating a lot on a hot chocolate (there were 6 different kinds with amazing description) I finally come to my senses and realise that Singapore is not Avoriaz, it is just too hot for a hot chocolate. So I decide for an iced late. Now, the desserts! C goes for a warm chocolate moelleux served with hazelnut ice cream. I go for the chocolate soufflé recommended by everyone on the Internet and because we couldn't make our mind up, we also try the chocolate tart. What should I say? Everything was amazing!!! My saliva is flowing again just typing these lines. The ice cream was amazing, I got raspberry with the soufflé, it was such a great balance, hazelnut was also really creamy. The soufflé was incredible, smooth inside and just crusty on the outside. It was also served with a delicious creme anglaise And now the chocolate tart, mhhh a really crusty base with 2 different layers of chocolate, a praline and a dark chocolate.
It was fantastic, the only down point being that we can't take any photos! But I couldn't write a blog article without photos so here are some from the Internet.


2 comments:

  1. and my mouth is watering just reading it...
    Hussam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Petite gourmande, je te reconnais bien la!! (mais en meme temps, faut bien compenser l'horrible gout laissé presque a vie par le durian, non??)

    ReplyDelete